Comedian Michael Blackson has just opened his first school, and it won’t cost the families of those who attend it any money.
Blackson, born in Ghana, opened “Michael Blackson Academy” in his hometown of Agona Nsaba. He says the school will be “free for all” and accommodate underserved 6th and 7th graders.
The three-story tall building will feature multiple classrooms and lots of amenities. It was officially commissioned on Tuesday, January 3.
The Ghanian-American shared the opening day on his social media. He said, “Today is the greatest day of my life because I’ve finally accomplished what I always wanted to do which is giving these kids a chance to be great. Greatness starts with education and foundational education shouldn’t come with financial barriers.”
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Etta James
- Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In
- HBCU U-KNOW: Tuskegee University Grads – Successful Black Veterinarians & Reality TV Stars [WATCH]
- Wellness Wednesday: The Health Benefits From Walking 2-4 Miles Daily [WATCH]
- Donald Trump Re-Posts Photo Alleging Ron DeSantis Was ‘Groomer’ Of Teen Girls As High School Teacher
- We Owe You One: What Black People Built
- All The Ways Sandra Bland’s Legacy Lives On
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- The Hot Spot: Jay-Z Opens Up About Beyoncé ‘Album of the Year’ Loss [WATCH]
- Microsoft Partners With OpenAI To Resurrect Bing, While Google Readies It ChatGPT Rival, Bard
Comedian Michael Blackson Opens School in Ghana, Offers Free Education was originally published on wzakcleveland.com