R. Kelly is facing another legal accusation of sexual misconduct from a Dallas, TX woman who claims that the singer gave her a sexually transmitted disease. Many are wondering if this will be the nail in the coffin for R. Kelly’s sexual allegations.
Jacque Reid goes Inside Her Story with attorney, author and NBC news contributor Sophia Nelson on what these recent allegations mean.
“Sexually transmitted disease under the statue (in Dallas), you cannot consent to get a sexually transmitted disease,” explained Nelson. “I think that he has a real challenge on the criminal side.”
Nelson compared the lack of awareness in this situation to the increased awareness of the #MeToo movement.
“When usually one person comes forward that door opens. We saw this with #MeToo,” explained Nelson. “Why does R.Kelly always survive this and why is the Black community complicit.”
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
Timeline Of R. Kelly's Sexual Assault Accusations
1. 1994: R. Kelly Marries Aaliyah1 of 10
2. 1996: Tiffany Hawkins Sues R. Kelly For Alleged Sexual Misconduct2 of 10
3. 2000: Chicago Police Open An Investigation3 of 10
4. 2002: Patrice Jones Sues R. Kelly After He Allegedly Got Her PregnantSource: 4 of 10
5. 2003: Florida Police Charge R. Kelly With Child PornographySource: 5 of 10
6. 2003: The Girl In The 2002 Sex Tape Was 14Source: 6 of 10
7. 2008: R. Kelly Wins His Illinois TrialSource: 7 of 10
8. 2017: Mississippi Sheriff Sues R. KellySource: 8 of 10
9. 2017: R. Kelly Accused Of Holding Women Hostage In His HomeSource: 9 of 10
10. 2018: Unnamed Woman Accuses R. Kelly Of Giving Her An STISource: 10 of 10
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
Inside Her Story: Could This Be The Case To End R. Kelly? was originally published on blackamericaweb.com