Songstress Sade Adu just released “Flower of the Universe,” an original song penned for Ava Duvernay‘s upcoming flick, “A Wrinkle In Time,”
The track features the legend’s smooth vocals over a No I.D. produced track. I.D. was a mentor to Kanye West and most recently produced “4:44” Jay Z‘s hugely successful 2017 album.
Last month, Duvernay tweeted the news ahead of the song’s release.
“I never thought she’d say yes, but asked anyway. She was kind + giving. A goddess. We began a journey together that I’ll never forget. Proud to announce that Sade has created an original song for WRINKLE IN TIME,” the tweet read.
The movie, which opens March 9, is based on the best-selling children’s book and stars Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling and Storm Reid.
“Flower of the Universe” is Sade’s first new release in seven years following her 2010 studio album, Solider Of Love.
AMC, Color of Change to Provide Free ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ Tickets to Underprivileged Kids
Smooth Operator: 11 Photos Of Sade Adu Serving Face, Grace, & Beauty
1. Serving face and grace.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. Queen of Poise.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. Smooth Operator.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. Sharing the stage with Alicia Keys while looking flawless.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. Ageless Beauty.Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. No Ordinary Love.Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. Soldier of Love, and beauty, for that matter.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. “My only regret, too young for Sade Adu.” – J. ColeSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Sade greatly influenced the Neo-Soul genre.Source:Getty 9 of 9
Sade’s New Song For ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Is Finally Here was originally published on hellobeautiful.com