Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Cam Newton Gets Swung On At His Own Football Camp [Video]
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage for You and Your Friends
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- Take Our Survey For a Chance to Win $50!
- High School Students Accused Of Creating Online ‘Slave Auction’ In ‘Black People Are Low Class’ Snapchat Group
- ‘Love Is Blind’ Couple Lauren And Cameron Hamilton Talk New Season, And Their Formula To A Sweet And Spicy Relationship
- Béyonce, Blue Ivy And Mama Tina Dazzle In White At Cécred Launch Party
- Malcolm X In His Own Words: Rare Videos Of El Hajj Malik El Shabazz That Are Still Relevant
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
The Frankie Beverly and Maze Farewell Tour
LISTEN NOW: The Rickey Smiley Morning Show 6am-10am
Shooting At Kansas City Chiefs Parade
Usher Developing Series on Black Love In Atlanta… And Social Media Has Thoughts
Kobe's Sisters Break Their Silence In A Touching Post!
Best Reactions To Usher Bringing Atlanta To Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show