Damar Hamlin, a 24-year-old safety for the Buffalo Bills, was critically injured after a scary on-field incident against the Cincinnati Bengals on January 2. After spending weeks recovering in Cincinnati and Buffalo hospitals, many wondered whether or not he would ever be able to return to an NFL field.
During the first quarter of that Monday Night Football matchup, Hamlin dropped to the ground, unconscious, after a seemingly routine tackle. He had suffered cardiac arrest, and his heartbeat had to be revived before they put him in an ambulance and sent him to a local hospital. The in-game medical staff was credited with saving Hamlin’s life. The game was initially postponed before ultimately being canceled.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to a report by CNN, Dr. Thom Mayer, the medical director of the NFL’s Players Association, guaranteed that Hamlin “Will play professional football again”, a somewhat surprising admission made just a month after the world watched Hamlin’s scary situation unfold.
Hamlin, who’s since thanked fans around the world for their support and prayers, has yet to comment on whether he’ll continue playing in the NFL. Obviously, the most important thing right now is for him to get his health under control. Hopefully, we’ll get to see him compete at a high level again in the near future.
- Cam Newton Gets Swung On At His Own Football Camp [Video]
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage for You and Your Friends
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- Take Our Survey For a Chance to Win $50!
- High School Students Accused Of Creating Online ‘Slave Auction’ In ‘Black People Are Low Class’ Snapchat Group
- ‘Love Is Blind’ Couple Lauren And Cameron Hamilton Talk New Season, And Their Formula To A Sweet And Spicy Relationship
- Béyonce, Blue Ivy And Mama Tina Dazzle In White At Cécred Launch Party
- Malcolm X In His Own Words: Rare Videos Of El Hajj Malik El Shabazz That Are Still Relevant
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
The Frankie Beverly and Maze Farewell Tour
LISTEN NOW: The Rickey Smiley Morning Show 6am-10am
Shooting At Kansas City Chiefs Parade
Usher Developing Series on Black Love In Atlanta… And Social Media Has Thoughts
Kobe's Sisters Break Their Silence In A Touching Post!
Best Reactions To Usher Bringing Atlanta To Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show