Damar Hamlin, a 24-year-old safety for the Buffalo Bills, was critically injured after a scary on-field incident against the Cincinnati Bengals on January 2. After spending weeks recovering in Cincinnati and Buffalo hospitals, many wondered whether or not he would ever be able to return to an NFL field.
During the first quarter of that Monday Night Football matchup, Hamlin dropped to the ground, unconscious, after a seemingly routine tackle. He had suffered cardiac arrest, and his heartbeat had to be revived before they put him in an ambulance and sent him to a local hospital. The in-game medical staff was credited with saving Hamlin’s life. The game was initially postponed before ultimately being canceled.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to a report by CNN, Dr. Thom Mayer, the medical director of the NFL’s Players Association, guaranteed that Hamlin “Will play professional football again”, a somewhat surprising admission made just a month after the world watched Hamlin’s scary situation unfold.
Hamlin, who’s since thanked fans around the world for their support and prayers, has yet to comment on whether he’ll continue playing in the NFL. Obviously, the most important thing right now is for him to get his health under control. Hopefully, we’ll get to see him compete at a high level again in the near future.
- “New Besties” Meg The Stallion and Vice President Kamala Harris Celebrate Women’s History Month
- Minnesota Republican Claims Genocides Between Native Americans And White People Went ‘Each Way’
- Black Tony Is Finally Coming To Work…At 11 O’clock [WATCH]
- 6 Important Things To Know About Ramadan
- Conservative Twitter Melts Down Over The Possibility That Donald Trump Will Be Arrested
- Mary J. Blige Shines In A Versace Look
- Halle Bailey Is A Goddess In A Nili Lotan Gown
- University Of Kentucky ‘Karen’ Pleads Not Guilty To Racist Attack On Black Student Despite Video Evidence
- Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
- Trump’s Arrest Seems Imminent As Criminal Indictment For Hush Money To Porn Star Looms
Will Damar Hamlin Ever Play Football Again? NFL Doctor Weighs In was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Meet Cam Newton's Alleged Boo, Watch Jazzy [Photos]
[VIDEO] Jay-Z, Diddy, Snoop & More Reflect on Life of The Notorious B.I.G.
LISTEN NOW: The Rickey Smiley Morning Show 6am-10am
Meet Yahya Abdul Mateen II’s Boo; Jan Michael Quammie [Pics]
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Who Has The Most Legendary ATL Anthem?! [Vote Now]
Pi Day: ATL’s Best Black-Owned Pizzeria, Ryan Cameron’s “Dough Boy Pizza”
10 Celebrities Who Boldly Slay In Red